The WMV Direct is intended for editing movie files of the Microsoft® Windows Media format using ASF container (“wmv” and “asf” file extensions) without its recompress. It allows you to save your time and quality of your video. At this time the WMV Direct is the unique software. There is no any analogous software present.
The WMV Direct main window.
Main WMV Direct features:
· playing WMV and ASF files;
playing and capturing a network video broadcasting of
the ASF/WMV format; (not supported under
· change sound volume level and mute sound during playback;
· cutting (deleting) any intervals from movie file and saving result in new file;
· appending a few ASF/WMV/WMA files;
· indexing movie file;
· creating, renaming and deleting markers in movie files;
· converting ASF/WMV movie to the AVI format, without losing audio-video streams synchronization;
· saving audio stream(s) to the WAV-file in PCM format;
· saving single frames into BMP and JPEG files (snapshot);
· viewing streams information;
· exporting profile of movie file to the external profile file (with “prx” extension);
· fully supports for third-party codecs in the ASF files.
Additional information from the edited ASF movie file (such as a script commands, markers and so on) is fully copied on the output file. Supports movie files contains constant bitrate streams (CBR) and variable bitrate streams (VBR). Supports for movie contain more than one audio and video streams (so called “multiple bitrates” files) and additional streams of other types. Manual stream selection for playback is not supported at this time.
WMV Direct allows you to edit ASF files containing video and/or audio streams compressed by most of third-party codecs. It’s the best way to create your own DVD disks from analog sources without any troubles with audio-video streams synchronization. Tested codecs listed below:
· Mainconcept DV 2.0.4 (and higher)
· Mainconcept DV Pro 3.0 (and higher)
Others MJPEG and DV codecs are also supported.
· Microsoft MPEG1 Layer 3 and others MPEG1 Layer 3 codecs.
· OS Microsoft® Windows 2000, XP, 2003, Vista (OS Windows XP recommended);
· DirectX 8.1 or higher (DirectX 9.0c recommended);
· Microsoft® Windows Media Encoder 9;
· Microsoft® Windows Media Player 7 (Windows Media Player 10 recommended).
The Windows Media Video codecs makes a high demands on computer speed so we recommends use faster computer as possible. RAM size is not so important.
Starting with version 184.108.40.206 the WMV Direct allows converting ASF/WMV files to the AVI format files without losing streams synchronization. To preserve audio-video streams synchronization it is necessary to reconstruct every of these streams to reach its uniformity and equal play duration. Build in the WMV Direct algorithm is provide this using time stamps stored in the ASF/WMV files.
This algorithm can correct following synchronization loosing causes:
· One ore more dropped frames (at a run);
· One dropped audio sample;
· Doubling one or more frames while video capture;
· Doubling one or more audio samples;
· Asynchronous streams start in the input file;
· Difference streams play duration in the input file;
· Local minor frames frequency reduction in the input file.
At the end of converting process, the detailed statistics is shown.
To download last version of the WMV Direct please visit the Download Page.